Climate Data Center.
Since 2000 ‘ask’ has been providing IT consultancy and software solutions for the Climate Data Center (CDC) of the German Weather Service (DWD). In particular, we have been supporting their climate and environment activities and research.
In times of global climate change, climate monitoring is vital. Its documentation, and the prediction of the impacts of climate variations, have become essential to the general understanding of the climate. The outcome of this work forms the basis for political and commercial decision-making. It also helps improve preparedness for weather-related catastrophes and provides sustainable support for disaster control.
Our company supports the DWD’s successful climate monitoring / consulting with software solutions such as:-
- Climate monitoring for the Global Surface Network Monitoring Centre (GSNMC)
- Climate consulting with WEather data and Statistics Express (WESTE)
- Climate statistics with WEB-based STATistics (WEBSTAT)
- Climate Data Center (CDC)
These solutions also assist the federal states’ / government Climate Services – such as the KLiVO Portal.
- On-the-fly access to climatological data
- Compliance with W3C and OGC standards
- Direct and indirect access to the DWD climate databases and Open Data
- Extensive spatial, temporal and content-related filter functions
- Creation of individually tailored data excerpts via responsive and intuitive web interfaces
- Extendable, user-friendly, quality assured
- User authentication and e-payment if needed
- State of the art web technologies
- High availability and redundancy
- CDC for free standards-based access to DWD climate data and Open Data
- GSNMC to monitor the quality of monthly CLIMAT reports (i.e. mean temperature and precipitation data)
- WESTE for the automatic generation of documents based on archived weather data. Supplied to professional clients such as insurance companies
- WEBSTAT is integrated in the DWD weather shop