Climate Data Center.
Since 2000 ask – Innovative Visualisierungslösungen GmbH is contributing to the information technology evaluation, design and development of software solutions for the climate and environment activities of the Climate Data Center (CDC) of the German Weather Service (DWD).
In times of global climate change, climate monitoring, the documentation of its results and the prediction of the impacts of climate variations have become essential to the general understanding of the climate. The outcome of this work form the basis for political and business decision-making and contributes to improve preparedness for weather-related catastrophes and to provide sustainable support for disaster control.
With software solutions such as Climate Monitoring for Global Surface Network Monitoring Center (GSNMC), Climate consulting with WEather data and Statistics Express (WESTE), Climate Statisticts with WEB-based STATistics (WEBSTAT) and Climate Data Center (CDC) our company is supporting the DWD’s success in the climate monitoring and consulting. These solutions also provide added value for Climate Services of the federal states and government such as the KLiVO Portal.
- On-the-fly access to the climatological data
- Compliance to W3C and OGC standards
- Direct and indirect access to the DWD climate data bases and Open Data
- Extensive spatial, temporal and content-related filter functions
- Creation of individually tailored data excerpts using responsive and intuitive web interfaces
- Extendable, User-friendly, Quality assured
- User authentication and e-payment if needed
- State of the art web technologies
- High availability and redundancy
- CDC for free standards based access to DWD climate data and Open Data
- GSNMC to monitor the quality of monthly CLIMAT reports (mean temperature and precipitation data)
- WESTE for the automatic generation of documents based on archived weather data for professional clients such as insurance companies
- WEBSTAT is integrated in DWD weather shop